• Routine monitoring of clinicopathologic data is a critical component in the management of
• Serial data evaluations on an individual animal can prove to be a highly objective effective
means of characterizing developing disease.
• The complete blood count provides a broad overview of the general health status of the
• The minimum canine geriatric database includes the CBC, biochemical profile (with
electrolytes), complete urinalysis.
• The minimum senior feline database includes the CBC, biochemical profile (with electro-
lytes), complete urinalysis, total T4.
• Important geriatric conditions in dogs cats include chronic renal disease, hepatobilliary
disease endocrine metabolic disorders.