This telemedicine behavior consultation service is an extension of the primary care veterinarian's practice. This service is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between the pet owner and his/her veterinarian. Because this consultation does not include our specialist's direct examination and administration of medical care for the pet, it does not lawfully meet the requirements of a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship. As such, we do not guarantee nor can we assure any outcome for the pet, and hereby are released of any liability associated with decisions made by the primary care veterinarian on behalf of the pet.
Before submitting a consultation request, the pet owner should confirm that their veterinarian will agree to the following Terms of Service:
1) Provide a copy of the pet's medical and health record information.
2) Agree that he/she is:
- The designated veterinarian of record in the veterinarian-client-patient relationship. Because he/she is solely responsible for prescribing or implementing recommendations from this consultation, the veterinarian agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the consulting specialist veterinarian and his/her affiliates, the VetVine Specialty Consulting Service, and PetsVetSpace LLC for any injuries that may be endured by the veterinarian, his/her clients, other people, or any other animals during the course of treatment. The veterinarian also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the consulting specialist veterinarian and his/her affiliates, the VetVine Specialty Consulting Service, and PetsVetSpace LLC from and against any third-party claims, damages, liabilities, actions, judgments, suits, costs, disbursements and expenses of any kind or nature.
- Solely responsible for implementing (or not) any recommended interventions or treatments made by the consulting specialist including but not limited to:
- Safety and management
- Instructions on behavior modification
- Prescription and assessment of any medications and/or supplements
- Solely responsible for informing and documenting the off-label use of specific psychoactive medications if they are recommended for this patient.
< Return to Consultation Request